Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Titanfall


 

 




Titanfall is an Xbox One exclusive that was highly anticipated. Titanfall is the next gen (gen as in next generation console) first person shooter (FPS) that gives FPS a new spin. This next gen FPS gives a new spin on movement. Titanfall lets you run off walls, hang off walls, and lets you jump from extraordinary heights, but if that isn’t enough, then you can change battle from the ground to suiting up in your Titan. That’s just a peak at Titanfall, so let’s take a closer at this next gen FPS.

Title
Titanfall
Developer
Respawn Ent.
Platform
Xbox One, Xbox 360, and Pc
Release Date
March 11, 2014
Rating
8.1/10
Size
20GB(Roughly without updates and downloaded content (DLC) )
Rated
 M for Mature
Price
59.99$ Dollars(Both Xboxes and PC)

 

Story Line

In Titanfall, many generations of humanity lie in the deepest reaches of explored space. This vast region is known as The Frontier.

There are two different factions that are in plot. The Interstellar Manufacturing Corporation (IMC) is a company that started out small named Hammond Engineering then, massively expanded because of increasing demand for Titans. After a century of expanding Hammond Engineering, they became the ruthless commercial empire that is the IMC. The people you pictures are a part of the IMC. Starting from left to right you see Blisk he has a contract with IMC. He provides combat Intel and he has plan stay with the IMC because the pay is good. Next Spyglass is robot that update mission information and surveillance. Last is Graves. He’s the commander-in-chief of the frontier command.    



The other faction The Militia represent the military arm of the Frontier systems’ territorial defense pact. The Militia is a band of bandits, mercenaries, and pirates. The Militia has the resources to level the playing field against the IMC. Macallan is a veteran that fought in the Titan war, later switched sides after a mission for the IMC. Sarah lost seven family to accident of the IMC, and vowed to take revenge toward the IMC.



Online Multiplayer

Titanfall online is not your average FPS, but not in a bad way in a good way. Titanfall has good movement mechanics. When playing the game I noticed that the movement is very fast and fluent. I was able to run off wall to wall and jump to another building then to the top of the roof very fast.



Next I want to talk about is the reaction to button time, and what I mean by that is how fast does or slow does the game take to respond to me pressing the button on the controller. The reaction time is relatively quick, like I said the movement is fast when you run you actual run, and it isn’t slow. Now the online game play I noticed that the game lobby system that not a lot of Xbox One games have, so Titanfall in my book is already ahead. When waiting for a game they give you a chance to change your pilot layout and Titan layout, but you can’t till a certain level which is level 5.  

(This is a picture of the lobby)

The first time playing I notice that I was playing against higher level people, which was expected, but they were on generation (Gen) 6 and 7. What that is after you reach level 50 you have the option to re-play through levels 1-50, but in order to replay through those levels you have to do a challenge. The connection while playing the game was never a problem either. Overall Titanfall is very fun and fast paste FPS that fun to play.

(This is what Gens look like)

Graphic and Sound

The graphics are simply amazing. They look stunning on the Xbox One. Everything looks amazing from the scenery, to the Titans, and the characters. The sound affects sound like a future war. There characters from the game constantly giving you mission updates. Tell you how much time you have till you get you next Titan, or telling you if you’re close to winning or losing. Sometimes these constant reminders are annoying because you can see all the thing you’re reminded of, so to some people that can be a help to others just a pain in the ass.    

My Thoughts

I’ve played the closed beta and the open beta for Titanfall, so my expectations for Titanfall wasn’t that high. I wasn’t going to buy this game at first, but I gave into the hype. Before I gave into the hype I rented this game, and I got a feel of it. I think over time of owning Titanfall it grew on me. I enjoy this game and in my opinion its better than Call of Duty: Ghost. I like that I can control a gigantic Titan, or command it. I love the parkour that is in the game running across the wall jumping, hanging and shooting, and jumping ridiculous heights. I like that they have a lobby and that make it easier to play with friends. Titanfall in a whole is great FPS, but it took me time to enjoy it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment